Also in the field of materials testing and materials analysis we can help you out with our proven experience. Material tests and materials analyzes include a wide range of materials for materials testing, materials characterization and qualification of materials / composites (metals, non-metals, plastics, elastomers, organic substances, inorganic elements, particles).
Especially in the event of failure, materials analysis may be helpful in order to find the cause of failure to determine damage mechanisms, specify component properties and remedy damage, also to avoid economic losses through production failure and consequential damages.
To carry out a material analysis or to determine the damage image / damage to the component , in our testing laboratory, several examination methods / analysis methods / measuring instruments are used:
- Microscopy (light microscopes – stereo microscope, plane microscope)
- Scanning electron microscopy (EDX analysis with SEM)
- DSC analysis (differential scanning calorimetry)
- TGA (thermogravimetric analysis)
- Optical emission spectroscopy (OES analysis)
- GC/MS analysis (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)